MOTORCYCLE TYRE DEALERS : CONSUMER REPORTS TIRE TEST
Motorcycle Tyre Dealers
- Motorcycle tyres provide the only contact with the ground, via the contact patch under normal conditions, and so have a very large influence over motorcycle handling characteristics. Motorcycle tyres have a round cross section to facilitate the leaning necessary when a motorcycle turns.
- A person or business that buys and sells goods
- (dealer) a seller of illicit goods; "a dealer in stolen goods"
- A person who buys and sells drugs
- (dealer) a firm engaged in trading
- A person who buys and sells shares, securities, or other financial assets as a principal (rather than as a broker or agent)
- (dealer) trader: someone who purchases and maintains an inventory of goods to be sold
September 1968 ACA 12 Hour Production Grand Prix at Willow Springs Raceway
In 1968, I was working at Dale Brown Motors in Long Beach California. Suzuki offered it's dealers a free motorcycle if it would be entered in the 12 hour race at Willow. Dale Hopkins (in the picture) and I rode one hour shifts on the 1967 A100 Suzuki. The rules stated that you could not use clip on handlebars, so we flipped the stock bars over. We ran the stock tires, except we put a ribbed front tire on the rear for less rolling resistance. It was our (both of us) first road race. We won the 100cc class beating the late Pat Evans and his brother Kelly on a Don Vesco sponsored Omega. We were on the track along with the likes of Ron Grant, Ron Pierce, Don Emde, Steve McLaughlin, Walt Fulton, John Buckner, Tony Murphy, Hurley Wilvert, and a score of other top racers at the time. It wasn't bad enough that these "Stars" would go flying past us on 350, 500 and open class bikes at 60-70 mph faster that we could go, but after dark (we ran over 2 hours after dark) the front number plate would come up and cover the headlight when braking for a corner!! The only lighting at the track that night was a spot light at start/finish for scoring and a orange construction type cone in the apex of the very fast turn 9 with some kind of (not very bright) lantern in it.
Corded tire survived
After coaxing 100 miles out of the already corded tire, we made it to Big Sky BMW in Missoula, and my Dad's BMW receives a fresh set of Metzeler's. Big Sky BMW is a fabulous motorcycle dealer, they cater quite well to the adventure and touring riders who need mid trip repairs.
dunlop slick tyres
trailer tire sizes explained
goodyear tire winnipeg
tires plus kingston
car tire online
tyre speed rating codes
fog machine canadian tire
kumho racing tyres
part worn tyres bristol
moose racing tire changer